Well, we are back after a week and a half in Southern California, yes you are correct, bad timing! Being a native San Diegian this is not new, but it is always hard. Hopefully being back in CT. my lungs will begin to function again!
This is what we woke up to last Monday morning, I was standing in my Dad's driveway when I took this, this is the fire they later named the Witch Fire. We were under a voluntary evacuation order at this point. We did end up evacuating, falling ash and all can be frightening. We did get back in a couple days later and all was well with the house, just LOTS of ash!
The night before we were to come home we went up to Orange County to have a last family dinner with my sister and her family, as I was driving through the intense smoke my hubby was shooting the camera, yes we are crazy! This is out in Camp Penelton, the Marine Base.
Now we are home and fall is in full swing, here is the leaf update!
And the second!
Here are a couple pictures I took of our back yard the day we left for California.
Leaves just barely starting to turn!
Here are a couple pictures I took of our back yard the day we left for California.
~
And here is this morning!
Trees in full swing, also getting a bit sparse!
Look at our new back yard carpet!! Dan has his work cut out for him!!
2 comments:
Hi Danna,
My husband is working at the Witch Fire....and has been since Sunday. He is originally from Upland, CA and he now remembers why he left So CA. :)
We are happy to be waaaaay up in the northern part of the state between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe...perfect.
Your trees are pretty, ours are brilliantly colored right now. We were just out raking the back sidewalks and it is hard not to stop to enjoy all the colors and make a leaf "bouquet".
Barb-Harmony Art Mom
I love when the leaves fall in our backyard because then we can see out over the valley from our dining room. I hope your kids are making big leaf piles and jumping in them! There's nothing more fun than walking on crunchy leaves.
Post a Comment